Renting your Property
Would you like to know what your property is worth?Request a Valuation
A Letting Agency Built Around You
London Stone Properties have been renting properties in SE London since 2004. In that time we have negotiated well in excess of 4,000 tenancies. Our Lettings and Property Management team have over 60 years agency experience between them. Please see details of the team here.
We are conscious that some clients are very experienced landlords and simply want the key facts and processes from us and others are venturing into the world of buy to let for the first time and would like much more guidance and information. Hannah (Lettings Manager) and Julia (Director) will happily accommodate whatever information needs you have.
Make the Right Choice of Agent
Once you have chosen the property you are buying the most important choice you will make is the choice of agent you use. LSP recommend you consider the following points:
- Does the agent really care who takes your property – LSP’s motto is that if we don’t want the tenant in our own flat then we will not suggest them for yours.
- Does the Agency know all the regulations surrounding lettings – LSP carry out the correct Right to reside checks, comply with the Deregulation Act, our Tenancy Agreements conform with the Housing and Tenancy Acts and the various notices we need to serve are up to date etc etc.
- Has the agency experience in your neighbourhood?
- Can the agency price your property correctly?
- Have they the right attention to detail. If the details aren’t buttoned down (does the tenant want a bed, has the council tax been changed into the tenants name, have they returned documentation properly) the it could end up costing the landlord time and money.
- Have they the right staffing levels to ensure your flat is properly looked after?
- How good is their advertising?
- Do you feel the agent listens to you and you are comfortable with them – the relationship is quite a personal one and must work for you.
- Do you have access to senior management should you wish to raise an issue?
£1,600- Top Floor Penthouse, Two Bedroom Flat with Balcony, River Views and Underground Parking!
2 Bedrooms, 2 Bathrooms, Parking, Balcony
Top Floor Penthouse, Two Bedroom Flat with Balcony, River Views and Underground Parking! This top floor penthouse sits right at the river's edge and has fantastic views through its floor to ceiling windows. Two double bedrooms, tw...
I would recommend London Stone to any landlord looking for peace of mind.
Darren WOverseas Landlord
Choice of Service
You can choose a Let only, Let and Rent Collect or Full Management service. The responsibilities of London Stone Properties at each service level are marked below.
- Services Included
- Let Only
- Let & Rent Collect
- Full Management
- Photographing and Marketing the flat
- Advising on any legal requirements (EPCs etc) required to market the flat*
- Conduct viewings and find tenants
- Agreeing the terms, (rent, move in date, length of lease, tenants' position) with the landlord
- Referencing tenants
- Drawing up the tenancy agreement
- Receiving initial monies
- Preparing an inventory*
- Performing Right to Rent Checks
- Providing tenants with required documentation as per the Deregulation Act of 2015
- Moving tenants in
- Taking utility readings and informing the relevant suppliers
- Setting up rental payments
- Sending signed documents to landlords
- Prepare sublet application for block managing agents if required*
- Registering the deposit with the Tenancy Deposit Scheme*
- Performing property visits
- Dealing with any queries by the tenants
- Dealing with any repairs, break downs or other maintenance issues
- Reporting to landlord on any costs or issues
- Organising Gas Safety Certificates
- Dealing with buildings insurance claims resulting from break downs or leaks
- Dealing with the consequences of the leak, including repairs and re-housing tenants
- Ensuring property is compliant with latest legislation (i.e Carbon monoxide detectors, hooks for blinds etc etc).
- Serving of Notices (Section 8, Section 21, etc)
- Receiving rent
- Chasing rent arrears
- Monthly invoicing and rental payment to landlords
- Preparation of annual rental income and expenditure statement
- Preparation of NRL6 report for overseas landlords who are not NRL exempt
- Negotiating all tenancy renewals, rent increases and preparing new tenancy agreements
- Organising access with existing tenants when it is time to re-let the flat
- Organising the tenants' departure at the end of the lease
- Organising the checkout, organising any cleaning needed and agreeing any charges for damage with the landlord and tenant
- Organising any works following on from tenants’ departure
- Preparing any quotes for refurbishments works needed (in between lets) and carrying out any necessary works
*Organised if requested. Some services are separately billed as highlighted on our Terms and Conditions.
We offer a variety of services. They include: Taking over management for existing tenants, Let Only, Let and Rent collect, Full Management, Full Management for large portfolios etc so our fees vary considerably. Please talk to us to understand which fee applies to your circumstances. Once we have spoken we will give you a quote specific to your circumstances. (All fees are quoted inclusive of VAT)In general terms our fees will fall in the following bands: Let Only – 10.8% -12% (inclusive of VAT) Let and Rent Collect – 14.10% (inclusive of VAT) Full Management - 15% - 18% (Inclusive of VAT).
Inventory and Condition of Property Report - Fees Quoted Including VAT.
|1 bedroom||£120||1 bedroom||£150|
|2 bedroom||£162||2 bedroom||£192|
|3 bedroom||£186||3 bedroom||£222|
|Registration of Deposits|
|Full Management||£42||Let only/Rent Collect||£60|
|Tenancy renewals||£18||Tenancy renewals||£36|
|Gas Safety Certificate|
|Full Management||At Cost||Let Only||At Cost + £30|
|Dealing with desposit disputes||£0|
|Preparation of NRL1 Information||£0|
|Refurbishment works for Full Management||£0|
|Insurance claims for Full Management||£0|
Preparing the Property
Please talk to us about this as our advice will depend on a number of factors including but not limited to; the style of property, the number of bedrooms, the types of tenants you want and of course whether you are going to furnish it or not.
£1325 - Beautiful One Bedroom Apartment Located in the Sought After Compton House
1 Bedroom, 1 Bathroom, Balcony
Ultra-modern 1 bedroom apartment located in the brand new sought after building - Compton House which is finished to a high specification by Berkeley Homes. Large 1 bedroom apartment with open plan living/dining area with lovely f...